COLINTON BOWLING CLUB - MEMBER PRIVACY NOTICE
What we need
Colinton Bowling Club will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us in the membership application and renewal forms, unless otherwise stated.
When you register as a member of Colinton Bowling Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we will ask you for the following personal information:
- contact details – name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, and bank details where paying by Standing Order;
- membership category – full playing, concessionary, non-playing or social; and
- equality information – gender.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
- provide you with core member services;
- set up and administer an electronic membership record; and
- send you membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, membership renewals and information on membership events.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services.
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage participation in lawn bowls by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
- provide competition in lawn bowls by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
- provide a telephone contact list for use by members in arranging competitions;
- develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming events, renewal requirements and verify that you have completed (where appropriate) any mandatory training and PVG / child protection requirements; and
- respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to lawn bowls. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, suspend membership and take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us in writing at 49a Redford Road, Edinburgh, EH13 0AB. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will
provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
As an affiliated club of Bowls Scotland we are required to ensure that all of our members are members of Bowls Scotland as a condition of affiliation. We will share your name and membership category with Bowls Scotland who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it.
Bowls Scotland’s privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed at www.bowls scotland.com.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK, and is accessed by our staff and volunteers for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at 49a Redford Road, Edinburgh, EH13 0AB.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information; you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Colinton Bowling Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at